Thursday, December 2, 2021

Flat Abigail

 Hello Classmates:


I had a very exciting experience today as my host family took me on a two mile hike through the woods and around Lake Nevin at Bernheim arboretum and research forest. Bernheim is located fifteen miles west of Bardstown. Three years ago a Danish Artist by the name of Thomas Dambo developed a story about Forest Giants. Three Forest Giants were constructed with small slabs of wood in three different locations on the grounds of the forest so that visitors could come and visit the Giants and take pictures. The Giants are very popular and each has a name. Mama Loumari is the mother of Little Elina and Little Nis. Little Elina and Little Nis will soon have a brother as Mama Loumari is with child. On the hike to the Giant locations I did not see any wild life such as deer, but I did see turtles, fish swimming in the lake, and a few frogs. I wonder where the turtles go during the winter season? Maybe my classmates know.


I have exciting news to share with my classmates as my host family in Bardstown will carefully pack me up this weekend to send me to my next family located in Ft Myers, Florida. The timing couldn't be better as the weather is starting to turn colder and Florida is the perfect place to go for warm weather. Thanks to my host family for a fun and educational week!